- When power is restored, turn appliances back on one at a time. if several large appliances start up at once when power is restored, they may overload your home’s electric circuits.
- Power may be restored faster in some parts of your neighborhood than others. So be patient.
Who to call
Sorry, but Acacia is only the electric provider. We can provide you with cheap electricity no matter whether you go with a prepaid electric plan or a fixed rate plan. But we are not the folks to call in an electrical outage. We don’t handle the poles and wires associated with your electricity transmission. No matter if you have a prepaid electric plan or a fixed rate plan, you should report all outages to your local transmission and distribution utility. Be sure to place their number into your cell phone before the outage strikes.
Here is a helpful list of Texas utilities. Since your computer will not be working in the event of an outage, print out this information and put it away somewhere that you’ll remember if an actual outage occurs.
- AEP Texas Central: (866) 223-8508
- AEP Texas North: (866) 223-8508
- Centerpoint Energy: (800) 332-7143
- Sharyland Utilities: (956) 668-9551
- TNMP: (888) (888) 866-7456
- Oncor: (888) 313-4747
Not sure which company serves your area? Look under the graph in the YOUR USAGE section on the back of your bill.
Avoid all downed utility lines. Assume that any line you see on the ground is energized and remain a safe distance away.
Don’t remove debris that’s within 10 feet of a power line as a downed wire might be hidden underneath.
Keep children and pets inside after a storm. Down power lines are deadly.
Avoid standing water near wires and appliances.
If the power goes out, your electric garage door won’t open on its own. If you evacuate your home, be sure to have a door key with you so you can re-enter. And to operate your garage door manually, pull on the emergency release cord and push the door up using the lift handle.
Make the switch to Acacia for affordable prepaid electricity and other money-saving plans. For a free quote, sign up online today.