Are you energetic? Do you like to accept new challenges?
Acacia wants to talk to you about new and exciting positions that will give you a fulfilling career experience in Texas’ growing energy industry.
View our openings below, and check back often for new opportunities.
Title Account Manager
Department Customer Service/Operations
Reports to Customer Service Manager
FSLA Status Non-exempt
This position is responsible for providing service to the customer base of Brooklet Energy Distribution, LLC DBA Acacia Energy, Snap Energy, Now Power and Vital Power and other potential organizations. These entities offer retail electricity to residential and commercial customers across the country. Individual must excel in a dynamic, team environment. Acacia Energy is committed to providing outstanding customer service, and this individual must personify this attitude.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Field incoming customer service calls, assuming responsibility to resolve customer issues in an accurate and timely manner
- Research account status and identify account issues
- Address billing inquiries and resolve billing disputes
- Process disconnection and reconnection requests
- Enroll customers and resolve enrollment issues
- Provide price quotes to prospective customers
- Follow up with customers to attain required account information
- Initiate collection activity on past due accounts and process disconnection and reconnection requests
- Respond to emailed customer inquiries with factually and grammatically correct written communications
- Serve as a customer advocate while adhering to all regulatory requirements and company policies associated with the role
- Track performance against targets
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an inbound call center environment, with customer care experience strongly preferred
- Must be flexible to work a variety of shifts between the hours of 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM Monday – Saturday (approximately 40 hours worked per week)
- Previous sales experience strongly preferred
- Bilingual a plus
- Experience within the ERCOT retail electricity market strongly preferred
- Experience in similar markets such as utilities, telecom, or cable preferred
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent math and English skills required
- College degree or coursework preferred
- Outstanding phone etiquette and polished communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor when dealing with agitated customers
- Attention to detail and committed to high quality customer service
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Willingness to identify problems and suggest process improvements
- Proficiency in Windows environment and MS Word and Excel applications
- Solid data entry skills
- Effective in the use of the Internet
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment where change is commonplace
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting to 20 pounds.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time without much movement.
- Ability to work in time-sensitive environment with non-flexible deadlines.
Acacia Energy is a Texas-based electricity company, providing prepaid electricity for today’s on-the-go families. View more about our company.
Think you would be a great fit for one of our Job Openings? Email your resume to: [email protected].
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Acacia Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Brooklet Energy Distribution, LLC DBA Acacia Energy, Snap Energy, Now Power and Vital Power is an equal opportunity employer.
Acacia Energy offers excellent benefits; including annual bonus plan (based on company and individual performance), excellent benefits package, 50% premiums paid by employer, paid holidays, and paid time off.