1. Caulk a little. Look for cracks and gaps around windows and floorboards. Fill them up.
2. Double-pane windows save on heating costs. You can reduce your prepaid energy costs by upgrading your windows. Double and triple glazing can drastically lower your energy consumption.
3. Lower the temperature on your water heater. Keep the home fires burning, sure. But think warm, not hot. The higher you set the temperature of your hot water heater the more energy you will use. Keep it between 120-140 degrees.
4. Switch to fluorescent bulbs. These adorable bulbs last 10 times longer and use less of your prepaid electricity than the old-timey incandescent lights.
5. Plant a tree. If you own your home, invest in a tree to shade the west side of your house. Watch your summer cooling bills start to drop.
Can you feel the love? We can. Check back for more prepaid electricity saving ideas.