t’s the rainy season and that means thunderstorms, high winds, downed lines and power outages. Here is a list of things to have on hand if the power goes out for an extended length of time.
3. A flashlight
4. Extra blankets
5. A battery-powered radio
7. Bottled water
8. Canned and dried foods
9. A manual can opener
10. A wind-up clock or battery-powered clock
11. A cell phone
In addition to the above emergency kit, keep the following things in mind:
1. Turn off electric ranges and space heaters. This will prevent the possibility of a fire if power comes on when you are asleep or have left the home.
2. Food in the refrigerator will last for many hours if the door remains closed.
3. Never leave burning candles unattended.
4. Keep open flames away from draperies, pillows, blankets, etc.