• 1 finely chopped onion
• 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
• 2 piece of bacon cut crosswise into pieces
• 2 tablespoons of chili powder
•2 cans of pinto or red kidney beans
• 1 ½ teaspoons of dried crushed oregano
• 1 ½ teaspoons of paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
• 3 cups of water
• Coarse salt
• 3/4 cup of cheddar (shredded)
• 2 tablespoons of fine cornmeal
• 3 red bell peppers
• 4 fresh jalapenos
• 1 ½ cups of chopped winter squash or zucchini
• 1 ½ cups of frozen kernel corn
1. Cook the bacon in a chili pot over a medium heat until brown.
2. Add the onion, garlic, paprika, pepper, oregano, beans and salt into the chili pot. Stir this mixture occasionally for about 10 to 13 minutes.
3. Mix the fine cornmeal with water, corn, squash or zucchini and bring the pot to boil. Begin to reduce the heat and keep stirring until the chili become thick and the veggies are softer.
4. If the chili seems a bit dry, just add water little by little until the mixture is at desired consistency.
5. Dish into bowls, top with fresh jalapeno slices, red bell pepper slices and sprinkle on shredded cheese. Serve with crackers or cornbread.
Check back for more delicious ideas on how to save on your Acacia prepaid electricity.