Can’t stand the heat? Cool down the kitchen. The less you use the stove this summer the better your energy bills will be. Here’s another Acacia summer salad idea that will help you lower your electric bill and save.
Peach Tomato Tango
This zesty vinaigrette is perfect over big cold slices of tomato. It only takes a minute to prepare.
Here’s your shopping list:
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large peach, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 red tomatoes, sliced
4 easy steps:
1. Whisk together first 5 ingredients until the brown sugar has dissolved. Add olive oil. Stir in chopped peach and basil.
2. Slice tomatoes and fan out on a serving platter.
3. Pour on peach vinaigrette.
4. Serve immediately.
Eat cold and stay cool. Check back for more energy saving ideas.